Thursday, February 9, 2012

Turn of the worm

There is a saying, the worm has turned for you. I guess I can feel it now. In a matter of two weeks, after years (ok decades) of frustration I find myself with a signed contract for my first book- Aimee please ensure I do not forget to mention you in the acknowledgements since you helped with some of the ideas all those years ago in Afghanistan- and another publisher interested in my children's book. Making matters even better, I have been introduced to Bob Ostrum, a great illustrator of children's books who just so happens to live in the next town over.

You could say the worm has turned and I am soaking it up. Naturally this does not mean I can sit back and rest on the meager accomplishments I have made thus far. It only means more word, more effort and (fingers crossed) more results. Life is good sometimes, even when my seven year old son asks me "why are so many people who play basketball brown?'

and cut...........

No comments:

Post a Comment