Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Old becomes new

I recently watched the AMC show Hell on Wheels. Just when I thought the Western was dead as a genre AMC brings it back with an in your face, no punches pulled action-drama. All of the characters are flawed and believable. The scenery is authentic and it makes me so glad that I had nothing to do with building the transcontinental railroad. Life is hard enough with so many amenities as it is.

A few months ago I did some thinking and decided to put my wartime experiences into words. I began undertaking what I had envisioned as a simple endeavor. Things quickly got out of control and I find myself mired in too many details and a lack of direction. The outline is comprehensive but my thoughts aren't.

Now I know why I stick to fiction. Making things up is so much easier than trying to figure out what is still classified or not. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment