Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Seriously?

It may be a brand new year but people don't change. I was with my wife at Red Lobster for lunch a few weeks ago and looked across the room to a family of four. Both parents were obscenely overweight and their teenage son had lime green hair. Seriously? Who in their right mind would let their child have green hair? We are not on Mars, not in some fancy comic book where people can look like fools and its fine. How did that conversation even go? Mom? Yes son? Would it be cool if I dyed my hair green? Of course son. I think you would look wonderful like that.

I'm not one to judge others, but when is enough enough? Our children are dumber, slower and fatter than most other countries and we do nothing to improve the situation. God help me if my children come asking a silly question like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment