Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Humanity is Doomed

What is wrong with our society? I can sum it up in two words: Kim Kardashian. Seriously, what talent or ability does she give to the world? Has she written a piece of literary genius, cured a disease, said anything intellectual at all? Ummm, no. But she did get naked for Playboy and let a homemade sex tape out. So why is this hugely untalented woman gracing our television sets, magazine covers, even the evening news? Because we have lowered our standards so far there is nothing else to do.

I blame the internet and technology. Anyone who knows me knows I still enjoy writing a book with a pen and paper. I would rather read a book than watch tv. Technology has dumbed us down to the point where useless people become living martyrs. Not one member of the Kardahian family is worth the sweat or effort of a single US Soldier, but they are reveled by millions of people aching to see wht happens next.

Amercia needs to wake up! Is this the future you want for your children? I say no. My daughter has a Nook, laptop, notebook and a cell phone (All against my wishes) and I have taken almost every one of them away from her. They are detrimental to children and reduce adults to mindless drones who have to have their fix....

When is enough enough?

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you. I don't even know what the Kardashians look like, but I'm disgusted by the media people like them get - celebrities in general really.

    I didn't get a cell phone until right before high school, don't have a laptop anymore, have a piece of junk notebook that I don't use, a Kindle I never asked for...and we don't bother paying for cable anymore. It's crazy how technology and the media practically rule our lives even when we don't particularly seek them out!

    I also think it's outrageous seeing middle school kids walking around with ipod earbuds in, holding out a smartphone in front of them! Geesh, how spoiled and lazy is the next generation gonna be? I know that if I succumb to spoiling and "conveniencing" my kids someday, I want someone to punch me haha - bring me back to reality. Last I checked, hard work was more fulfilling than a handout...

    ReplyDelete